Blogger news

Flipkart.com

Sunday, July 01, 2012

AMD A8 3870K | Review



 “The best budget gaming PC available today “ –  Tipsengine





 I have been using this AMD APU for a month now and decided that now is the right time to make note of what I achieved so far with this amazing piece of technology. I bought the processor at a cheap rate of 6800 Rupees(about 125$ )  . I had to choose from intel i3 2120 (sandy bridge) and this one as I didn’t want to spend more on a desktop and I havn’t regretted my decision so far. I knew from  some forums that if I had bought an intel processor then I also have to buy a graphics card for decent gaming performance.

The processor along with its on-die  graphics   AMD Radeon HD 6550D gave me a decent performance  in 1600*900 resolution with high details.If I want ,I can still increase its graphics performance by cross-firing with HD 6670 Graphics card. It will not happen anytime soon as I want to invest more on an ultrabook.

The motherboard which I am using is Asus F1A75MLE. I tweaked the graphics core speed to 900 Mhz from 600 Mhz to get maximum performance which it seamlessly delivered.Note that there is only 512 MB ondie graphics and 1 GB shared . Also I managed to get it running the CPU clock speed at 3.6 Ghz with the stock cooler. Since the processor can support  1866 Mhz DDR3 Ram , I overclocked my 1600 Mhz Ram to the above configuration.
I was able to equal ( or in some case overcome ) the benchmarks given by Anandtech. Even when I was playing Fifa 12 with all its might the cores were just at 40% .
Also disk transfer speeds were amazing. I got 150 MB/s on my HDD to HDD file transfer . SATA 6GB/s and USB 3.0 ran seamlessly on this topping the manufacturer’s limit.

AMD Overdrive , Vision Engine ; Pretty Useful






This software designed by AMD proved to be much useful as I managed to overclock the processor without needing to enter into BIOS.  Though the max temperature allowed is 95 Degrees it just touched only 65 at 3.6 GHz. I can tweak almost everything but only a few interested me.
The UEFI BIOS also proved easy to use as I was able to use the mouse too.  But I noticed that during overclocking from amd overdrive there is a decrease in bus speed which is not seen in BIOS tweaking.

Gaming Performance


I will post detailed gaming performance later as I am yet to try a few more . All games were played in 1600*900 resolution with ultra settingss at 3.6 GHz CPU and 900MHz GPU.

You can check out the FPS of some of the games from various sites .Here I am presenting you some of my gaming instances from DiRT 3 in which i got an avg of 20 FPS @ 3.6 GHz core clock :
















0 comments:

Post a Comment